Saturday, August 7, 2010

Introducing Miss Lacey Lu


We got a puppy! Yes, you read that right. I know I can't believe it either! Dean and I came across this cute little thing several weeks ago. But the price wasn't right. So we kept looking. We even stopped in Lynchburg to look at one when we took Braeden to camp last month. But we passed on that one. So we waited and Dean talked with the people several times. I actually didn't think it was going to work out. And then it was time to leave town for a week. To make a long story short, she was purchased over the phone while we were in Florida. Dean even told Madison that someone bought her....he just didn't tell her who bought her! So we got back from Florida around 3:30 last Sunday afternoon and had to be in Chesapeake to get her by 5:30! And the whole time our kids didn't know anything!
I put Lacey in one of Sophie's baby strollers and called the girls into the den. The boys were still in FL. It was so funny. Madison came in and was playing with Sophie and I was taking a few pictures of them. She didn't even notice!



Then Sophie said, "There's a puppy dog" It took Madison a few minutes to really notice! It was priceless! So the girls got a week with her before the boys came home.

















We got the boys too when they got here. They were so surprised!
Lacey seems to be adjusting well. We are working on the crate training. She is doing pretty good. You know now I am trying to potty train a two year old and a puppy! Life is good!



Now this is the face of a happy child!


Everyone gets their turn taking her out!

I think we made a pretty good decision. I love to make my kids happy!

May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.~Psalm 20:4

No comments: