Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Lighthouse Keeper

Today was a very hard day. Today Ma was laid to rest. I'm crying as I type this because it hurts so bad. I miss her so much. I can't believe she is gone. If I could just see her once more, hug her, kiss her, spend the day with her, tell her I love her. She was part of who I am. Her service today was so special. Matt did an excellent job of remembering and honoring her. Ma loved lighthouses. Her ancestors were actually lighthouse keepers in Cape Hatteras. So Matt described how Ma was like a lighthouse keeper during her life. She would have been proud. I was asked to speak today. I said yes even though I knew it would be hard. I tried to keep it together the best I could. This is just a piece of what I said today...
"She has left such an impression on all of us. She loved her family so much. They were the world to her. And she would tell us every time she saw us.."I love you, You are so special to me" she would say. A grandmothers love is a special kind of love. Ma taught us many things. Just the way she lived her life in front of us was a remarkable example. I believe Ma's love of God and her devotion to Him was the foundation of her life.
I could go on and on about what kind of woman she was. I could describe her hands to you, tell you about her wonderful smile, share many stories from her past that she has shared with us or how she would have done anything, I mean anything for her grandchildren."

It's hard to describe the array of emotions that I have been feeling. I hear people say it will get better as time goes on. I pray that God will give our family peace during this time and help us heal. I know she is in a wonderful place and she is reunited with loved ones.
We will remember her and keep her legacy going.
I took some pictures today because I wanted to remember this day. I wanted to share just a few...

Pa in the background



Ma loved ladybugs. Right after the service at the cemetary, a ladybug flew up and landed right on the flowers!





~To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven...A time to be born and a time to die; a time to plant and a time to uproot,
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance...
Ecclesiastes 3:1,2,4~

No comments: