Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's in the little things...



I love this time of year! Who doesn't right? All the trees are up and lights are twinkling bright. It's so easy to get all caught up in the season. Everyone seems to want something. I admit it I am even guilty! I remember being a little kid and having that Christmas list for Santa. Now I'm grown and have kids who have their own list. But you know they don't really have a big list. There are a few things that they would like to have Christmas morning. Actually I know they will be happy with whatever they receive. We are looking forward to spending time together as a family. You may catch us snuggling up and watching movies, having some warm hot chocolate, maybe some of Mamaw's cider with peppermint sticks, making a gingerbread house, telling the story of the night baby Jesus was born. And of course I've got to slip in sleeping late for a few weeks! All of this is so exciting, especially for the kids. But we have to remember to stop and really think about what this season is all about...The birth of our Saviour! Where would we be without him? I am so thankful to have him in our lives. HE is the True meaning of Christmas! And we include Him in our celebration of this CHRISTmas season.








No comments: