Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Sophia!

My baby is one.
ONE YEAR OLD!
Tonight as I rocked her to sleep I held her tight and held back the tears. I was sad that this will be the last time I will celebrate a one year birthday with one of my children. I tried to freeze the moment in my memory. I smelled her, I held her little hands and kissed her little toes. She is getting so big (well not that big-she weighs about 18 1/2 pounds). She is learning something new each day.
She is my baby.
When I look at Sophie all my problems seem to melt away...problems of the day, stress, the messes on the floor..she can make it all disappear. There is nothing but her sweet little babyness. A soft little girl that entered this world one year ago today. I thank God for being with us that night. Everything happened so fast, but He was in control. You are so special and so loved.
This evening Sophie opened a few gifts. She loves her new ball pit and I love that she loves it (*sniff sniff*). She spent like 30 minutes in it! She enjoyed playing with the wrapping paper more than her Bitty Baby I think :-)
Happy birthday to my precious baby girl. Thank you for nurturing us into more loving adults. Sophie, you have brought so much joy to our family, more than we could have ever hoped for. I will never forget something Braeden told me not too long after you were born. He said you were the missing puzzle piece. It's true. Your brown eyes and big smiles just melt our hearts.
You are an angel, sent straight from heaven to bless our lives. You glow- I can't wait to see the plans that God has for this little girl!
I love you Sophia!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday Sophie!!Aunt Nancy