Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Love

Only ten more days 'til Valentines Day. So lets talk about LOVE.....
Websters dictionary defines love this way...
love: a strong affection for another out of kinship or personal ties; maternal love for a child
Wow that is pretty powerful. "I love you" is something we hear frequently (I hope everyone does). And usually we respond back with an "I love you, too." I always play with Braeden and when he responds back to me I will say "I love you more" and that leads him into saying "No, I love you more" and we can keep going. It's so cute. It just kind of comes natural to say these words. Have you ever wondered how our children learn to say it? I guess they do hear us say it so many times as they are growing up. I remember when Madison was a baby not even two yet she would say "I lug" for I love you. So our kids have been saying it as long as I can remember. They just learn it at such an early age and it's so simple to say and express our feelings. It's a wonderful feeling to hear them say I love you knowing that this isn't something we forced them into saying. It just comes from their hearts. I hope these words never disappear in our home!

No comments: