Friday, March 13, 2009

Recession Fashion

Guess what? Today's post is a little different than usual. I enjoy reading Kelly's blog over at Kelly's Korner. I am a huge fan of hair bows. I love checking out Harpers different ones...so cute! On Wednesday she posted about dressing for less these days. She gave some great tips-Thanks Kelly! She decided to have a 'Linky Party.' She asked her readers to post some of their advice and tips. I've liked reading some of the ideas. So I thought I would join in on the fun and submit some of my ideas.
Since I am buying clothes for four children and myself I really have to be particular on what and where I buy.
Kohls Target Old Navy
Need I say more?
You can find some great deals at these places. I usually look for those great SALES.
I found some cute jeans on the clearance rack at Kohls for like $13. I got these cute tops there too..So for around $30 I got a cute outfit. Kohls is a top pick for cheap cute jewelry too.


My Mom is a great bargain hunter. Look at this cute little shirt for Sophie...$1.60!


Old Navy...who doesn't like it? I like getting things for my boys there. And they have some really cute baby things. They are always having a sale too.
Gymboree has the cutest children's clothes. I still get to buy one of my boys clothes there and of course the baby. They can be pricey but the sales and clearance section are good. I like those $10 and $15 sales.
Target is a fun place to shop. Not very pricey. I got my boys these cute outfits for less than $20 each.

My advice is to take advantage of any FREE money a store may be offering. For example- Kohls Cash, GymBucks, and City Cash. Yes, you probably have to spend a certain amount to receive them but use them by all means before they expire!
And last but not least, coupons are a must. If you get on the mailing list for a store you know you will have some coupons coming your way. One of my most favorite stores is always sending coupons and they have City Cash. This store usually runs great sales a few weeks after a certain line has come out. I just bought some pants for $14.
Well, there you have it, a few tips on how to save a few dollars these days. Things don't have to be expensive to look nice!

No comments: