Thursday, April 1, 2010

Just wanted to share

I have recently seen on other blogs where people are sponsoring children from other countries and even going to meet them. So I thought I would share a picture of the little boy we sponsor.
Meet Jean Marie. He is 4 years old and lives in Rwanda. Isn't he sweet?

Back in October Dean and I were at the Third Day concert and World Vision was there. We decided we would sponsor a child. It just felt right. We are glad that we get to be a part of this little boy's life in some way. We are able to send him little things too. What we send has to fit in a 6 x 9 envelope. We have sent things like stickers, colored pencils, and a pad of paper. He has even wrote us back, with some help of course.
I'm glad we are able to do this. I think it's a great way to show God's love and teach our children about giving to others.
God Bless Jean Marie!

No comments: