Thursday, October 22, 2009

A day to remember...

Wow! Where do I start? I actually don't know. I just felt like blogging. The wheels have been turning in my head since this morning. I think maybe I'm still kind of in shock. I don't know. I'm kind of at a loss for words at the news of International Paper closing. This is going to affect so many people. My heart is heavy for all involved. But my family and I are trying our best to exercise our faith. We can only put our hope in our God. You know it is such a blessing to have a GOD who has the PERFECT plan for each of us! We might not understand this plan. Maybe we can't even fathom what the future holds...We have to have FAITH! God knew that this day was going to happen. It didn't surprise Him one bit. He has seen the whole picture. God gave us life, he is in control of our lives. He loves us so much...more than we can even understand. I think of how much I love my kids and want to take care of them. He loves us so much more and He will take care of us.
You know it's weird, but I heard this person on the radio tonight talking about fear. I always seem to hear the right thing at the right time!
F~ False
E~ Evidence
A~ Appears
R~ Real
"Woe is me" is not the way we should be looking at this situation. This is so going to test our faith. But this will make our family stronger I do believe. Just maybe International Paper was not the job that Dean was intended to have at this point. We are so very thankful for this job that has provided for our family for years. But now God has a different plan. He has something better! Just maybe no more shift work! We are just going to lean on him...
God is our Jehovah Jireh!

Greater things have yet to come...
Greater things are still to be done...

3 comments:

KK said...

That's a great idea to remember not to believe the fear. We have to trust Him!

Howard G Hawkins Jr said...

This is the biggest test of faith I've had thus far. But, faith that hasn't been tested, is weak.Faith has to be execised, like lifting weights and building up muscles.

Wendy said...

Well Said! My thoughts and prayers are with all of the community as it will effect us all! I pray that we can band together with God and he will show us the plans he has for all of us.