Saturday, January 23, 2010

REBOOT

Last weekend Dean and I were able to attend REBOOT in Roanoke. This was a little weekend retreat for youth leaders. We got to meet some new folks and had a great time. They provided interesting little classes and some things for relaxation. The food was great. One night they had bowling from midnight to 2 AM...we opted out of that one! We didn't think we could stay up that late. We're not as young as we used to be...we were actually older than several people there. I couldn't raise my hand with the 35 and under leaders. I actually had to ask Dean how old I was...couldn't remember 35 or 36? Ha! Anyway it was nice and we were reminded of our call to minister to our kids.

We saw lots and lots of this!

They were giving little massages the whole weekend...we jumped on that opportunity! I got some gift certificates for massages for Christmas. I think I am going to be cashing one in real soon. They feel soooo good!

Dean cracked me up getting this shot!

So I returned the favor...

One of the guys there was frying up some kind of fish. Dean was a taste tester!

Well I knew there was one of these somewhere....we drove for almost 4o minutes looking for it. It wasn't on the road it was supposed to be on. The GPS was taking us all over the place. We finally found it and it was CLOSED!

So we settled for some...


Coffee bar was flowing all day and night. I don't drink coffee but they had some good hot chocolate!

Here we are in an event called CRAM the VAN...I didn't sign up to participate but one our friends we know was in charge and he so nicely volunteered me! We had to run, unlock the van, pack in all 15 suitcases and they couldn't be on the seats, jump in the front seats, start the engine and blow the horn. We were doing so good and then Dean couldn't find the keys down in his pocket! So that took off some major time!







Here is the trophy we did not win!


We had a great time! We missed the kids of course but they were having a fun time at Mamaw and Gampa's!

Saturday morning the girls went to breakfast at Applebee's


Connor went with Gampa to Lou and Dawns and did some work on their driveway...

Braeden went to Garrett's sleepover...I was getting texts of him eating worms and hiding in odd places!

No comments: