Thursday, January 29, 2009

Madison is 14!


Madison turned 14 today! Wow, how is it possible that I have a 14 year old? I can't figure it out, am I that old? It just doesn't seem like it. Time flies so quickly.
Birthdays always bring excitement...especially for kids. Remember when we were kids we had to make sure everyone knew exactly how old we were and we had to put that 1/2 in there and sometimes even counted down the days. But now as adults we really don't do that countdown thing anymore!
Madison was born on Jan. 29, 1995-Super Bowl Sunday. This day came as a surprise to me. I will never forget it. She came into this world small and tiny (3lbs. 12 oz.)but she was a fighter. She did things the doctors said she couldn't do. I guess she wanted to show them. She is definitely a miracle. I look at her as a gem that God has blessed us with and we are so grateful she has been sent to our family. I know God has a plan for her life.
I love this girl so much! She has such a wonderful spirit about her. She is very responsible and this makes her an excellent babysitter! She loves her brothers
(even though they can get on her nerves sometimes:-) and sister. She is extremely honest. She is a very caring person. She really cares about other peoples feelings.
Madison was delightfully surprised this morning with some of her gifts. And this evening we went to Mamaw and Gampa's for her birthday dinner.
Thank you Madison for making me a mom. You are a wonderful person and I am so proud of you. You make our family complete..I LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

this is so sweet...Madison 14...I can't believe it.

Wise Family of 3 said...

I can't believe that our Mat-Mat has turned 14!! Thank you for allowing me to be part of your family for this long! I remember that special day when she was born. While standing there with your family, I could see how close you all were and I realized then how much I wanted to be part of that. I love you guys! Happy Birthday Mat-MAt!!

Anonymous said...

this made me cry! I love you Madison Kayleigh!