Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow Day...Well Kind Of

I was so excited about having a four day weekend, who knew it was going to turn into five days! I got the call at 5:43 this morning that school was cancelled for the day. I rolled over and turned off that alarm! I was wanting some sleep since Sophia had me up at 3:30 for a while. Connor came to my room around 8:30 saying "Why aren't we in school?" It wasn't really even snowing yet. It didn't take too long for it to start though. We did get a little bit. My boys were excited and wanted to go play. So I got them bundled up...well Connor is so hot natured he wouldn't get too bundled up. While they went outside and played, Sophie napped, Madison watched TV in her room and I watched the inauguration of our 44th president. I didn't plan on watching so much of it, but I kind of got hooked. I sat in the den as the sun was shining through the windows and watched as history was being made. It was kind of moving. May Mr.Obama deliver what he has promised to our country. I hope his promises can bring success for our country. And how about that prayer by Mr.Rick Warren!
Well I have enjoyed my day..Now I have a three day work week!!


Checking out the snow

Making a snowball

Here it is!


Having a snowball fight!


I thought today would be a great day for some soup! Thanks Dean!

No comments: