Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sum Sum Summer Time

Well today was my first official day of Summer vacation. How nice! No more getting kids in the bed early, trying to get everyone up on time in the morning, rushing to get ready, packing lunches, making sure backpacks are packed, and everything else that goes with getting four kids up and out the door every morning by 7:30...well at least for about 12 weeks that is! Everyone around here is so excited about being out of school. Even Sophie girl...she gets to stay at home with her Momma! And her Momma is loving that! I've been thinking about what we are going to do this summer. Some things are already planned for us...VBS starting Monday, then we are going to the beach in two weeks, Madison and Connor have a big trip planned with Mamaw and Gampa, and Youth Camp will be attended.
At first I thought I would make some sort of schedule for the weeks. But then the more I thought about....I am really not a schedule kind of girl. So there will be no schedules, no commitments, we will just plan each day as it comes! There will be plenty to do. What might these plans be, you ask? Well.....our Summer days will consist of....

Long days of playing outside
Late nights playing under the stars

We will go to cookouts and picnics
I'm sure the boys will be catching frogs and lightning bugs

Enjoying popsicles on a hot afternoon
Sleeping late some days!

Trips to the library
Afternoons at the pool

Backyard baseball games
Fourth of July festivities

Going fishing with Gampa
Climbing trees

Afternoon naps
Drawing on the driveway

Trips to Water Country
Trips to the zoo
And whatever else we can think of.

Just being with my kids is going to be blessing. It's going to be busy but I'm up for it! I'm so glad I have the opportunity to be with them this summer. We are going to have a blast just hanging out together!

As you can see we have already started on the fun...

Sophie was so funny. She didn't want to touch the ice cream...don't know if it was too cold or she didn't want to get her hands dirty.









Sophie Girl is ready for the pool...


Have a Fantastic Summer!

No comments: