Sunday, September 13, 2009

Grandparents Day

(Oops! I started this post last Sunday but never got around to finishing it. And this week I have been either too busy or too tired. So it's okay that it's a week late, right?)
Today is Grandparents Day and I wanted to say a little something about my grandparents...{Ma & Pa} and {Nana & Papa} I feel very blessed to still have all four of my grandparents in my life. I love them so much. One set lives right here near me and the other set lives about an hour and a half away. I always enjoy spending time with them. I have so many memories of spending time with them as a child. We went on trips together. We spent the night with them almost every weekend! Ma and Pa even put in an in ground pool just for their grandkids! We lived there during the summers. Time has passed and somethings have changed. But I still enjoy the times I can spend with them. Although life is very busy and I don't get to do it as much as I would like. I cherish the times I do get to be with them. One of my grandmothers is going through a difficult time right now. She has dementia and is actually in the hospital now. When I go to see her she tells me over and over how special I am and it just made her day that I was there. But then it breaks my heart when she can't remember something. I am so glad I have lots and lots of memories with them. They are all wonderful people! All four of my grandparents hold a special place in my heart.

These pictures were taken about a week ago.


This picture was taken on Christmas Eve like 7 or 8 years ago!

And this one was like thirty some years ago!










1 comment:

KK said...

Oh dear, that means I totally missed Grandparents day. See what happens when I avoid Hallmark!!