Monday, September 28, 2009

30 Day Worship Revolution

This weekend has been awesome! We had a night of worship at Great Bridge West Ministries on Saturday night. And then the same speaker, Keith Duncan, spoke on Sunday. He talked a lot about worship and how it affects us. He gave us a challenge. And our family accepted it along with some others. The challenge is to play praise and worship music in our home 24 hours a day for 30 days! Now the music doesn't have to be blasting all the time. But I love it loud sometimes! And it needs to be playing even if we are not home. Oh, I was excited about this. We already play music in our home. I can't say that it was 24/7, but it is a lot. We are just stepping it up a notch!
Saturday night the praise team was able to go to dinner with the Duncans. So Dean took our kids home and put the baby to bed. My dad came over to stay when Dean had to go to work. (I was missing Madison but she was at Busch Gardens with Nathan)When I got home late that night, Dean already had the music going! And it has been playing ever since. We chose to play our music in the kitchen. That seems to be the heart of the home! It's actually so nice to always hear the music. I've caught myself turning it up some and then sometimes I will turn it down low. It's nice waking up to that in the morning too. It helps me start my day off right! And my kids love it too! We are expecting an atmosphere change here in The Whitehurst Home! We can't wait to see what happens!



Update
** I published this post a few days after starting it! That's what happens when you go back to work! BUT just to let you know it's been almost a week and the music hasn't stopped! It's still playing!! This is great! **

No comments: