Saturday, December 20, 2008

Five Days until Christmas

Merry Christmas! I can't believe in less than a week Christmas day will have come and gone. I guess just knowing it's the weekend before Christmas makes me all excited. I love spending time with my family during this special season. Everyday Braeden asks me "how many more days until Christmas?" He is so excited. I can remember being a little girl and feeling that same excitement, especially on Christmas Eve. You are so excited you can't go to sleep but you know you have to go to sleep if you want Santa to come. I love those memories. And I am enjoying seeing the excitement and wonder of Christmas in my children.

Some things that I love about Christmas....

*Celebrating my Saviour's Birth. It is so important to remember what Christmas is all about. It's not just about getting gifts. We shouldn't get caught up in the materialistic things of Christmas. We are celebrating JESUS and what a gift that is!

*Christmas parties and plays...I've already been to a few this year. I'm actually going to the Country Club tonight for our church Christmas party. It's great getting together with friends. Then tomorrrow GBW is having our very first cantata (Come join us..Hunterdale School, 10:30 am). It's going to be great!

*Christmas music...I love listening to Christmas music at home, in the car, in the stores.

*A fire in the fireplace....Thanks to our magical gas fireplace, all we have to do (or should I say Dean has to do) is flip the switch and Wha-La! We don't use them much but it's nice and cozy when we do.

*Little Kids at Christmas time...I love watching my kids at Christmas time..seeing how excited they get..I love looking at their faces and expressions. They believe in the magic of Christmas. They do know what Christmas is all about though and why we celebrate Christmas.

My class watched The Polar Express yesterday at school and I enjoyed watching my kids as they watched the movie. That's a great movie. My little Sophie really doesn't know what is going on but she gets so excited looking at the lights and listening to the music. She loves music.

*SNOW...Well I don't know if we have any chance of it this year but it is just awesome when it snows on Christmas Day.

*Giving to others...It makes me feel good to give to others. I love watching my kids open up their gifts. I get great joy out of giving. Great Bridge West is blessing a few families this year with food and gifts. It's an honor to help those who are in need.

I will be busy over the next few days...church, parties, shopping, and going to see Santa.
I will keep you updated on the Whitehurst Christmas Activities!

No comments: