Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Reflecting on 2008

What a year this has been! 2008 has been a very busy year filled with many blessings and great opportunities. It's hard to believe how quickly time passes. Our lives have changed so much in a year. I just wanted to share some things our family has experienced in 2008.
Dean and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary this year. It doesn't seem like it has been that long. It continues to be an awesome journey!
This year brought us a great blessing! Sophia Claire was born on February 6. And I thank God for having his hand on us both that night. She has been a wonderful addition to our family. She just fits right in. We all have enjoyed having a baby around again. We have experienced many "firsts" with Sophie this year.....
Sophies first holidays, her first trips to the beach, and her first snowfall to name a few.
Braeden turned 6 this year- What? I can't believe it. And he is already half way through first grade. He sure has grown up a lot this year and this kind of makes me sad. You know he was the baby. But then when I had the baby Braeden looked so big. He is reading now, playing basketball, doing homework every night and of course he is helping with Sophia. Oh, and he also lost his first tooth, followed by three more!
Connor hit double digits this year. Yes that's another "I can't believe it", Ten years old. Where does the time go? This year has brought lots of memorable times for Connor.....Middle School Madness, baseball games, trips to Water Country, youth camp, and many trips to the beach. One memorable moment that stands out for me was the day Connor was baptized. I was so proud of him! And he was released from his headgear this year!
A week before Sophia was born, my first baby turned 13. Yes, I have a teenager and a 10 month old. Isn't life great! Madison has been such a help this year. She really enjoys helping with the baby. This year Madison has enjoyed hanging out with friends, going to football games, tennis lessons and getting her very own bedroom and bathroom. I am so proud of the beautiful young lady she is turning into.
As the year comes to an end, we can look back and see that our family has been blessed in so many ways. We have so much to be thankful for...most of all our Savior Jesus Christ. You know he is actually why we celebrate this season. I am so thankful that he came to this earth and gave his life for us. God has great plans for us in 2009.
We hope you and your family have a wonderful new year!

No comments: