Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Our Visit With Santa









We ventured out to the mall this afternoon. I just had to get the kids picture with Santa. Braeden talked with him a few weeks ago but I didn't have all four kids with me so I couldn't get a picture. We did dinner first, love the Olive Garden. We thought we would try and beat the rush and we did, no wait. When we got to the mall to see Santa the line was not too long. This was good. We waited about 10 minutes...here is part of my conversation with Madison as we were waiting...

Madison: "This isn't right, why do I have to sit on Santa's lap?"

Me: "Oh, you don't have to sit on his lap, just stand there for a picture."

Madison: "When am I going to be old enough to get out of this picture thing with Santa?"

Me: "You will probably be 18 and I will still want to get a picture. It's a tradition."

Madison: "Yeah, I will probably be like 20 and you will call me up and say, Madison do you want to go to the mall and get Santa pictures done?"

She's a good sport. Connor even told me he was too old to go see Santa but they both joined in on the fun.

Okay back to the story.....After waiting a few minutes Santa had to go on a break. Believe it or not. He would return in an hour. Well the line was already getting long. We were like the fourth ones. Several people left. My darling husband volunteered to stay and keep our spot. Braeden stayed to keep him company. So off I went to buy a few last gifts. One hour later.....
We got to see Ho Ho. Sophia wasn't really too interested. She looked at him a few times and touched his beard. I wasn't for sure how she would react. I'm glad I got to spend the evening with my family and create some more memories.
We had a good time.

No comments: