Friday, December 26, 2008

Highlights From Our Christmas

Yesterday we Rejoiced over the birth of our Savior!
This is how our day went..
2:00 am- Finally got to bed. Everything was still and quiet. Not a child was stirring not even a mouse!

3:30 am- I was awakened by the sounds of little feet on the stairs. The boys were up peeking to see if Santa had come (They later told me they used flashlights...Did they have this planned?)

6:50 am-After a few more hours of sleep...On the monitor I could hear Sophie talking and Braeden singing Jingle Bells to her. It was time to start our day!

We spent the early morning hours watching our kids as they discovered what Santa had left and opening our gifts to them. Dad was the official box opener and 'put together' person. I loved watching all the smiles and excitement. Sophia was joining in on all the fun. She had a blast.

Dean's mom, sister and her family came over for breakfast. We spent some time together. Sophie was still awake at 11:30-She didn't want to miss anything.

We had lunch at Mom and Dad's at 12:30-Oh, it was so good-Thanks Mom! We spent most of the afternoon at my parents house. I love when we all get together. It can get a little loud and crazy but that's alright. Mom made a birthday cake for Jesus. The kids sang Happy Birthday. We exchanged gifts before my brother had to leave.

We made a visit to Granddaddy's around 4:00. Our day was pretty busy!
We ended up back at Mamaw and Gampa's for a little while longer. The boys had to watch "A Christmas Story" again. The day was coming to an end and was full of great memories.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. We had a great one in the Whitehurst household.

1 comment:

Wise Family of 3 said...

This was beautiful! I really enjoyed spending Christmas day with everyone--I know Sophie and Jack had a great time! I am still figuring out the slideshow thing!