Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Boys Room

A few weeks ago I decided I wanted to do something different to the boys room. They share a room so I had to think about both of their personalities. I had two ideas. But after thinking about it for a few days I narrowed it down to one! I have never painted their room. So I was excited to get some color on those walls. Here are some before pictures of their beds. We have had many different quilts on their beds. For a while they have been sporting the dog and surfing look. Take note of the white walls!



So I had to decide on a color. And you know me and decisions! I finally decided on Safari Beige. Last Sunday my sweet husband started painting and he finished it up on Monday. Here he is trying to fix a hole in the wall that the boys put there with the corner of a pool table!


When he paints he has to put primer on first


and then the two coats of paint. He did a really good job! I really didn't change a lot in their room. Just some things. We already had most of the stuff I used in the room. I only had to buy a few things. We took A Lot of stuff out. Some changes are just in the little small details. I had a certain look I was going for...kind of a vintage baseball look. Yesterday Connor told me his room looked old-timey! I said Thank You Connor...Ha...I think I achieved the look I was trying for. Yay Me! I haven't quite put all the finishing touches on but I thought I would share a SNEAK PEEK!!!

I had to use some wall lettering...Love it...and this is the perfect saying for two growing boys! And my dad had this old shadow box he didn't use anymore. Perfect for all Braeden's little treasures!


Had to display some baseball cards!

I searched and searched for matching bedding. Well no such luck, unless I wanted to spend like two or three hundred dollars. I found this cute quilt and sham for $30!

Love, Love these vintage pictures!






Connor's special card from Gampa...

I had to find a way to display all those trophies!


Well there it is a little bit of what I have been doing the past few weeks in my spare time! I will share more when we are finished!

1 comment:

KK said...

It looks great, I bet they love it!