Friday, July 31, 2009

Heirloom Party


Wow! There are so many people at this party in blog land! It's getting big. Already over 90 attenders. I just found out about it here or I would have been here earlier. But you know me, I'm always running late. So we are supposed to be sharing any heirlooms we may have. I don't really have a lot of heirlooms but I have a few things I can share. I do have lots of things that I would like to become heirlooms one day.

We have had this dresser for about 16 years. Dean's dad was going to sell it at a yard sale! So I took it off their hands.

I just recently got this teacup and saucer from my mom's china.


This baby blanket wasn't really passed down from someone. My grandmother's sister made it for me when I was a baby. But it's something that can be passed down.




These items were my granny's (my great-grandma).

I can remember seeing this frame on a bookshelf in her house when I was little. I've kept the same pictures of me in it.

I actually have her old piano. And there are several things of hers in the bench. This is an old song book. It looks like maybe she used it at church.



This was my baby dedication dress. My grandmother gave it to me. My mom had saved it and several years ago I had it framed.


I have several pieces of oak furniture that could possibly be heirlooms to my children one day. Here are a few pieces. I love my computer armoire. And my parents bought us this hall tree for Christmas one year.




So there you have it. I didn't bring too much to the party. But it was fun! You should go check it out and see what everyone has to share!

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Hello from another latecomer to the party! I can't imagine how much work was put into that blanket - how nice to have it to pass on through your family. And I especially love that songbook!

caren said...

Beautiful treasures!

Marie said...

Hello Jen - thank you for joining the party! You have some wonderful treasures. I love the dresser! And the baby blanket is so sweet. I also like the songbook! These are cherished heirlooms to pass along some day.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Rue said...

Wonderful treasures! I'm glad you saved that beautiful dresser :)

rue