Wednesday, May 6, 2009

This time last year...




Sophia was three months old. Today she is 15 months old and 21 pounds! Can you believe it? I can't. Just last night my dad said, "She isn't a baby anymore, she's a toddler." Of course I responded with "Yes she is still a baby!" Right? She will always be my baby. I still see her as a baby (she's only one!) However, she is doing so many 'big girl' things. She can name and point to her eyes, ears, hair, nose, belly button, toes and fingers. She tries to sing Jesus loves me. You can actually make out the first couple of words. She is talking so good. She knows what she wants to say and tries to say it. A week or so ago I posted a short clip of her first steps. Well I think she has mastered the walking thing. I wasn't rushing her. I know that all kids walk into Kindergarten the first day. I knew her time would come. And it has arrived! I love it. She is just the cutest little thing wobbling around. Of course now she is everywhere and we have to stay with her or she will wander off. And oh, she has figured out the splashing thing in the tub. She will close her eyes and splash away. She seems to learn something new everyday.
Time seems to go by so quickly. We are enjoying every minute!

No comments: